Thursday, January 3, 2013

Oh hi there.

     Well, here I am: journaling for the new year. Let's see how long this lasts, huh? I figure, what a great way to not only get some of my less scary feelings out but also try to spread my ideas and philosophies and figure out a new way that I can learn more about myself. Oh, and I can re-improve my internet grammar so I don't start writing in lowercase and forgetting how to spell in real life. Shall we?

I've been doing observation hours at the school down the street from me for a class I had...last semester. Problem: Not having a car. Solution: Do the 40 hours of observation over winter break and take an incomplete for the class while they're being done. Pro: I will get my grade. Con: I have to do it next semester - again - for another class and also, read: No car. Walking to school. Cold. Very, very cold. Plus, only a half hour lunch.

But you know what? It's okay. I'm doing Kindergarten now which used to be fun but now that I've realized what my priorities are (I'll save that for another post, another day...), I want to teach kids that are maybe just a little bit older so we can go more in-depth into world issues and so I can teach them about community service, etc. I'm doing second grade Wednesday of next week, and I've never observed in a 2nd grade class so I'm excited!

Tomorrow I have my MTEL, which is the Massachusetts teaching licenscure test. I'm taking the early childhood, and smart me had foresight and scheduled my test to be in the early afternoon so I wouldn't have to get up early. Thank you, smart me (self-hug)! I'm kind of super nervous, because here's the deal: My block application, which gets me into student teaching for next year, is due May 25th. I need to have passed all three MTELS before then. I passed the first one, am taking the second one tomorrow, and then I need to wait 60 days until I can take my next one. It also takes 30 days for the score to arrive. So, if you're doing the math, that means IF I pass I can take my next one in March, then wait 30 days for the score, which brings me to April. OH. MY. GAWD. I am cutting it SUPER close. I also won't have time to take any others if I fail, unless I want to do an extra semester at school.

The education dept. used to let us pass our first MTEL, apply to the block, and take the other two while doing student teaching, but they changed it this semester so it really threw off a lot of people. So, that's my life tomorrow, essentially.

Well. I am really, really tired. Another rant tomorrow then, yes?

Oh btw: Oh, by the way, this is me and my boyfrannnn:


Peace and love,

Karen xx
Pin It