Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Wicca and Finals and Jobs, oh my!

Hi everyone!

First off, let me start off by saying, I AM SO SORRY that I haven't updated in...well, I don't want to look. If you read  my blog, go you! If not well, you're loss :P

Many, many wonderful things have happened to me this semester, let alone this year. First and foremost, I have been studying a Wiccan/Pagan path, and I just finished a 13-week course to teach me the basics. Technically, I didn't take the full 13 weeks to finish the course, because I just filled in the form to receive the emails earlier. I just wanted to learn everything I could! 

I used to love Wicca, when I was 12 or 13. I got into it because of my friends, but it basically got kicked out of my by my super-Catholic uncle. I was guilted back into being Catholic where I stayed for a while. Then, I became protestant, and eventually spiritual. Now, I'm seeing where Wicca takes me. I set up my altar in my dorm on top of a little white rolley cart thingy, and I plan to do a lot of reading over the summer so I can learn more about everything. 

People think Wicca and Paganism isn't something to be taken seriously. I can firmly beg to differ. It is so hard to learn everything - there are so many different things about plants, the changes of the seasons, the deities, and the rituals. I love learning about what plants and herbs are good for, what their magical properties are, but I really want to know why and how they received those properties. How did they get the reputation that they did? I don't want to be a healer by any means, but I do like knowing the history.

I'm almost done with the semester - Monday is my last day of classes! THANK GOODNESS. Now, onto the inevitable job search that has to happen for the summer. I'll take whatever I can get, seriously. I'm hoping for a waitressing job or something like that. I want to like my work, but I need the money so badly. I have bills to pay, people! I will also definitely elaborate more on my spiritual journey, and hopefully my health one as well in the coming months. 

:)
Pin It