Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My views on classic books turned to roleplaying youtube series. Oh, and a Wicca update. And PUPPIES!!

Ew, does my title really sound that boring? Sorry about that. It's really hard to think of creative titles sometimes, ya know? 

I also am not really sure what this current trend on Youtube is actually called - the basic premise is that a fictional character gets a youtube account and tells their story through it. It's fiction but it's meant to look like reality. There are three I'm thinking of in particular:

The Lizzie Bennett Diaries: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXfbQAimgtbk4RAUHtIAUww

Welcome to Sanditon (same people who produced the LBD, a spin off on Jane Austen's unfinished novel Sanditon): http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgOlD8TImVB4xalJTiO6eqQ

The Autobiography of Jane Eyre (totally unrelated to the producers of the last two): http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG1-X6Vhx5Ba84pqBQUDshQ

It's such a super clever idea, and I love how this could potentially spark an interest for classic books in teenagers and young people. Jane Eyre was always a little bit of a weird book for me - I never finished it but I've seen a bunch of movie adaptions and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I did start watching this current youtube series last night and I'm hooked. The feel of the videos is a lot more homemade than the Lizzie Bennett Diaries, and while Lizzie would just talk to the camera (and sometimes use costumes), the actress who portrays Jane will bring the camera with her places and it just all around looks more natural. I wasn't sure how I'd like it, but it is a great series thus far! Really good acting and scriptwriting. 

So that's that, my current obsession. I got to watch some cute puppies today, my neighbor's dogs, and I also got an article published on Yahoo! Go me! It's part of the contributor's network which is basically a free platform and a person can write their own articles or go through "assignments" which are pre-assigned topics. I'm eligible for payment, but only if I can promote my articles enough. So they don't make it easy!!

I haven't been working out as much as I'd like, especially because my internet has been pretty bad lately. We might upgrade to Fios soon, and I really, really REALLY hope so. I know there are worse things in the world than bad internet but it can get frustrating at times. My eating habits have also been...okay. It's hard because we don't really have "snack" food in the house but we don't have an abundance of healthy food either. So I eat dinner and I get super hungry a couple of hours later, but such as today, I have the choice of frosting, nutella, yogurt...stuff I like but don't always feel like. So I scrounged around and found out that we have a hamsteak of which I took half and took some american cheese and made a grilled ham and cheese sandwich with some tea. It was good!!! 

Friday is Litha, the Midsummer Solstice. It's a time to let go of old things and rejoice in the new! I decorated my altar with some lavender and chamomile, "summer" herbs, and some gold ribbon. I'm all set to go :D I plan on doing a ritual Friday, and it's also the anniversary of my gram's passing so I'll be honoring her as well.  I also get to see Teh Tonester tomorrow!! I am SO super excited, it's been far too long. I miss his face :') 

Oh, and I also did take some updated progress ("progress....") pictures, but I don't really feel like sharing them because I'm half naked and no I'm not putting those on the internet. Sorry, not happening. I'll post more pictures when I can see a difference and hopefully I can get into a steady version of working out. I'll also hopefully be working soon (not really looking forward to that), and I'll really need to summon up the motivation I need to workout after the long commute home. Wish me luck! 

Talk soon!
Toodles :*
Pin It