Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pendulums and Politics

Alright people, listen up. This an angry Public Service Announcement from me, and you don't need to listen to me if you don't want to, but it would be really nice.

If any of you have any questions about someone's culture, religion, or lifestyle, all you have to do is ASK. If you have any questions that could potentially lead to judgement or are misinformed, ASK. Yesterday I heard my friends grandparents (who are very nice people) say "I don't know any Muslims, but...."

Let me stop you right there.

No.

No.

NO. 

IF YOU DON'T KNOW ANY MUSLIMS THEN DON'T TALK ABOUT MUSLIMS LIKE YOU KNOW THEM. And this goes for a person of ANY other religion, sexual orientation, or culture. 

I can promise you that someone will be far less offended, if they are offended at all, by someone asking a genuine question that they want to know the answer to than by someone making incorrect judgement and assumptions about them. If someone wanted to know about Wicca, I would want them to ask me instead of saying "Oh, I don't know her but I know she's wiccan and wiccans do blah blah blah..." 

I know it can be scary to ask questions. When I first met someone who was Muslim, I had tons of questions but didn't want to sound rude or be offensive. But I still asked, and the girl who is now one of my best friends appreciated that I asked. I assure you, no one will be offended if you are genuinely curious. 

So please, don't pass judgement if you can't speak personally or know someone else's story personally. If you want to know, ask.

And now, Pendulums!
********
The Basics

To be honest, I haven't used a pendulum so I can't speak personally about them. I have seen them used though, and not only is it really cool but it's simple as well. The pendulum swings in one direction for yes, and another one for no and one for maybe. It uses the energy around us to swing and it is kind of super freaky in an awesome way! Even though there are only three answers it can give, there are a multitude of questions that can be asked! 

How does the pendulum choose with direction to go in for yes, no, or maybe?

If you're asking how it moves, well, gravity and momentum, right? I'm not a physics major! It utilizes the energy around us, like tarot or runes, and I also think it taps into our own personal energy. It is also a tool that the Divine is used through, and it's one of the oldest divination tools around (8,000 years!!)

Some people ask the pendulum to show them which ways it wants to go "show me yes" "show me no" "show me maybe". Others tell and show the pendulum which way they want it to go "When I ask a question and the answer is 'yes', move in a vertical motion" and then move the pendulum so it gets a feel for you. Then, be sure to test it out with simple questions "is my name Karen?" "was I born in July?". Easy questions, and if it's not giving you a clear answer, show it yes or no again. 

So how do I use one? 

After you've programmed your pendulum, sit and clear your mind. Your pendulum is tapping into the highest level of your Self, not just your subconcious mind. Second, make sure that every time you use a pendulum, make sure you ask that the pendulum be used for the highest of goods for all involved. Ask that the answers be truthful. Thirdly, ask the question. If you feel the answer is not clear, you can ask it to be stronger or to clarify. After every question, make sure you clear the pendulum by tapping the tip to your hand or to another service to signify that your question is done and you are ready to move on. If your hands shake (as mine tend to do), I would steady my elbow on a table. Shaking hands generally don't influence the pendulum readings, though, as the movements that a pendulum makes are much larger than little tremors. 

Can I carry my pendulum around with me?

Yes! Actually, that's very recommended so that they can get attuned to your natural energy and thus will be able to answer questions for you with more confidence. You can also wear it around your neck!

Where can I get a pendulum? 

You could make one, if you wanted! Some of the earliest pendulums were stone and string. A lot of pendulums use crystals because they are very, very good for channeling energy. Your pendulum can be as simple or as decorated as you want. There are plenty of online stores, and Etsy is always a wonderful place to find pieces, especially ones that are handmade. Just like with runes, I believe if you make your own pendulum more of your energy will go into it. I probably would by one though, just because I don't have the time to make one!

What would you recommend: Runes, Tarot, or a Pendulum?

Honestly, it's not up to me! It's your life and your energy that you are working with and what works for me might not work for you. Pendulums seem to be the most simple of all the divination tools, even more simple than runes! There's little to no interpretation with pendulums, unless a direction for an answer isn't clear. The answers are simple: yes, no, or maybe. It really is up to you what you want to use, but it does seem that the pendulum would be good for beginners, although it does take a lot of practice to fully clear one's mind! I know I'm still working on that, but perhaps a pendulum can help some of us practice. All three of these are tools that are meant to help us, that the Divine works through in the best way possible. I don't think one is better than the other, but some are harder and require more practice. Choose what you feel is best and what could work for you!!

Thank you so much to Ask Your Pendulum for their great information!! 

Oh, and thanks to my boyfriend for the idea for the title - I took it from one of his songs; I don't think he'll mind though ;)

Peace and love, 
Karen

Pin It