Wednesday, August 21, 2013

~30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 1 - Too Many Thoughts, Not Enough Words~

So I just signed up for the Summer Blog Challenge  because I figured hey, why not improve  my writing skills and my blog at the same time? I think I have a lot to say and goodness knows that I think way, way too much. But I think the real challenge for me here is putting my thoughts into words.

It's honestly a lot more difficult than it seems, just like when someone mean says something and you want to have a witty comeback but can't think of one - that's sort of how I feel writing this blog. Not that any of you have said mean things, of course - I just want to have all sorts of words at the ready but it takes a little while for me to get them flowing.

I also know a lot of blogs feature "how-to's" but that's not really me. If I wanted to make this blog more popular then sure, I could think of something. However, I don't think that would be staying true to myself.

There's a lot going on in the world, and the blogging world wants me to be content with writing a guide on how to clean a kitchen or take care of children or easy breezy summer styles for under $20 each? I can't do that. Not that there's anything wrong with fashion or cleaning or kids, but I've seen a lot of bloggers who are stay-at-home moms and I'm definitely not that. 

I have to stay true to myself. I'm not content with just "getting by" in life. I want to make sure I live my life in a meaningful way and help others find their meaning, too. I want to bring attention to world issues because they are so important. I was texting my boyfriend today and I said "I want to write posts that are difficult to think about but are easy to read [understand]"

That is truly what I want to do. I want people to understand where I'm coming from and help people think about issues in a way that might not have crossed their minds before. I feel like it's my job to make people understand to the best of my ability. I want people to understand because understanding is the first step to doing, taking action, and by taking action changing the world.

So the 30 day challenge is supposed to be meaningful. I got meaningful covered. I can do meaningful - oh boy, can I! I would also like to challenge any one of you who wants to to do it with me! I'm sure all of you have meaningful things to say and feel like you have something to offer the world. If you feel like you don't, then you're wrong. Everybody has something great to offer the world. 

Let's go :)
Pin It