Thursday, September 5, 2013

~30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 16 - Happy Rosh Hashanah! ~

Hello everybody! We are more than halfway through the challenge, and I can't believe it! I have been trying to plan some cool blog posts, but the first couple days of classes have been very hectic so far, but maybe I'll have some time this weekend. How does getting crafty sound? :) I have a cool idea for a Mabon (autumn equinox) wreath that I'd like to try out, and I had some topics I wanted to talk about. Believe it or not, I did do some planning for this challenge, so I'm trying to practice being organized....It's not workout out too well. 

So as my title suggests, there's a holiday that needs to be celebrated today! Yay! Yesterday at sundown marked the start of Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish new year, so that means that today was the first full day. This is the start of the High Holy Days, and the next one coming up is Yom Kippur which is a time of repentance for past actions and reflection on what personal behaviors or habits could be changed for next year. This Rosh Hashanah marks the year 5774. How cool is that? So to the Jewish community out there, I'd like to wish you all a very happy and blessed Rosh Hashanah!

School has started, and I've had two days of classes as I mentioned. Oh my goodness, it has been very intense. I'm only taking four classes (I dropped my fifth class, Arabic, because I had a commitment at that time and it was just for fun) but they are all Anthropology classes. I think this is the first time I've ever had four classes in the same major all together, ever. It's a little overwhelming, especially because this is my first semester starting the major. My dorm this semester not only has a lovely view of the dumpsters behind the dining hall on this side of campus, our main common room looks out onto the roof so sometimes there are guys working out there and it's pretty awkward. My room is also right next door to the trash chute, so there's all kinds of fun noises that happen at all hours of the day. 

I am very tired already, and I'm actually on my way to nap right after this! I promise that I will have cooler posts, it's just about the time needed to make them and the planning. Stick around, though!

Love,
Karen
Pin It